We believe that these Core Values will enable us to do the best job possible at developing people in Christ.
- EXCELLENCE – We will do all things as though we were doing them for the Lord. We do them with the highest level of excellence because they have eternal significance.
- PASSION – We find joy in the things that we do and get excited about what is happening at Overland Park Community Church because we know that they bring glory to God.
- STEWARDSHIP – We will be faithful with the time, talent and treasure that we are entrusted with and set an example for others to follow.
- UNITY – We will seek to be a community that others want to be a part of and make every effort to seek the unity of the spirit through the bonds of peace.
- FUN – We will always look on the bright side of life, knowing that our hope lies in Christ and strive to enjoy every moment we have.
- RELATIONSHIPS – We believe that relationships are the ties that bind us to Christ and to each other. We will work to develop our relationship with Christ and work at creating networks of friendships that develop us.
- AUTHENTICITY – We are a church where you can be you. No masks. No church face. We want to allow people the freedom to come as they are so that they can become who Christ wants them to be.
- COURAGE – What got us here won’t get us there. We must be willing to step out in faith with new methods in order to teach timeless truths.
- RELEVANCE – We believe that changing times call for changing methods. It is about communication and we want the message to be heard and understood by today’s culture.
- SERVICE – We believe that every person has been gifted to serve somewhere in the church and we perform our service as an act of worship.